Soundtrack Composer Masterclass: Score Films and Video Games
Compose Epic Music Soundtracks Scores For Film, TV, & Video Games.
Orchestration With Software.
Become A Composer.
IT WILL NEVER BE A BETTER TIME TO START SCORING SOUNDTRACKS THAN TODAY
For the first time, you can harness the full power of an orchestra at your fingertips with the push of a few buttons.
What do you need to get started?
No prior music background is required for this course. This course will cover everything from complete beginner all the way to advanced techniques.
You don’t need to know how to make music or play an instrument (although it helps)
You just need a desire to create, experiment, and find joy in making music. It’s now possible to learn all the tricks and tools to become a soundtrack composer from the comfort of your own home. You don’t need to shell out thousands of dollars for a professional studio or degree to learn to score soundtracks. Everything you need can be done from home on your computer and this course will show you how.
Have fun, experiment, and make lots of music. See you inside!
What you’ll learn
Produce soundtrack music for films and video games
Compose orchestration with software
Come up with musical ideas starting with nothing. No more music writers block.
Use a digital audio workstation (FL Studio).
Be prepared for working with film directors and game designers
Know how to apply music theory (rather than just memorize stuff)
Arrange for string instruments
Create realistic piano using software
Create realistic orchestral percussion using software
Create realistic string instruments using software
Produce sheet music that live musicians can play
Understand what makes music scary for scary scenes
Improvise melodies for bass guitar
Bass Drops for trailer
THIS COURSE WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO:
- Use a digital audio workstation to score soundtracks for films and video games
- Apply music theory (the practical stuff you can actually use. With a focus on how to use it rather than memorizing).
- Develop musical ideas from out of thin air. No more music writers block
- How to make scary music
- Orchestrate using software
- Arrange for string instruments
- Create realistic orchestral strings using software
- Create realistic orchestral piano using software
- Create realistic orchestral percussion using software
- Improvise bass guitar melodies
- Score trailers
- Export music from software for musicians to understand and play
- The basics of reading and writing music (only what you need)
- Prepare for working with the film director and game designer
- And much much more…
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to compose music for soundtracks no matter what level of technical skill or musical background.
- Musicians and composers who want to see how music theory can actually be applied in real life scenarios. This is not a course about memorizing random music theory, its a course about inventing music for the practical professional.
- Film Directors and Game Designers who want to understand how music composers can enhance their productions and/or do it themselves.
🔥🧨 This course includes:
4.5 hours on-demand video
2 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Our Innovator Chester Sky is a music producer, composer and film director. He’s a huge fan of electronic dance music and spends his time concocting crazy sounds in his basement and morphing them into unexplored genres. His music takes influences from pop, rock, house, and electro.
He’s published multiple albums and scored soundtracks for TV commercials, independent films, film festivals, and comedy shows. He’s is an instructor on a variety of best selling online courses on music producing and soundtrack composing. In 2021, his book “The Music Producer’s Ultimate Guide To FL Studio 20” was published in stores and reached #1 in the Amazon digital audio production category.
Official website: chestersky.com
- Lectures 45
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4.5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 4
- Assessments Yes
Music Theory: Coming Up With Musical Ideas Starting With Nothing
FL Studio Fundamentals (Optional Course Section If You Want To Learn FL Studio)
- Which DAW Should I Use
- Download and install Fl Studio pdf
- Using Modes
- Modes Cheat Sheet pdf
- How To Make Scary Music & How to make scary music cheat sheet pdf
- Recommended videos on classical music pdf
- Getting FL Studio
- Download and install FL Studio pdf
- First Song In FL Studio
- Channel Rack
- Piano Roll Overview
- First Song With the Piano Roll
- Mixing Overview
- Installing External Plugins
- Recording Audio and Midi
- Exporting Your Song
Orchestration With Software
- Recommended Orchestral Plugins & Pdf
- String Arranging
- Case Study
- Making Realistic Strings & Staccato Strings pdf & Resources on Instrument Articulation pdf
- Articulations and Expression For Strings, Woodwinds, and Brass Instruments
- Orchestral Percussion
- Making Realistic Piano
- Make Interesting Bass Guitar Melodies
- Orchestral Programming Example & Recommended Videos on the art of Foley pdf.
- Recommended video on writing orchestral music pdf
Working with the film director and game designer