10 Steps to Become an FL Studio Pro
Are you tired of searching for videos that try to teach you how to learn FL Studio, but always fall short, or are missing something critical to help you grow as a producer?
Welcome to 10 Steps to Become an FL Studio Pro, where I share with you the ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE required to excel as a music producer using FL Studio.
I’m Riley Weller (my producer name is GratuiTous), and I’ve been producing music on FL Studio for over 10 years.
We cover the fundamentals which are absolutely necessary to take this craft of Music Production seriously.
This course will teach you TONS and get you up-and-running with best practices about music production and FL Studio.
Hopefully see you in the course,
🔥 What We Cover in this FL Studio
- The mindset of a producer, and reflecting on your goals and motives behind creating music.
(Is this a hobby, or are you wanting to make money from the industry?)
- Preparing your producer name/brand before launching to the public.
- How to use FL Studio like a pro.
We cover all the details that are necessary to excel, as well as tons of keyboard shortcuts to speed you up!
- Music Theory and Piano from a BEATMAKER’s perspective.
- What is necessary to keep your music in time, what notes you’re allowed to play.
- How to be creative behind your melody creation.
- Creating amazing drum loops with Safe Spots™
– Safe Spots is a term I’ve coined over the years to describe where we can place sounds within our drum loop for them to sound good and in time. In addition, various organic tools inside your DAW to fine-tune a drum loop to your exact desire.
- Arrangement and thinking in terms of emotion with Audio Painting™
– Audio Painting is another term I’ve coined over the years which teaches the student how to think in terms of the listener’s perspective. We need to always communicate with our listener, and prepare them for what’s next in our song.
- Understanding the mixer, routing audio around with subgroups and sends, and being organized through color-coding/labeling.
- Mastering your music to compete with others in the industry.
- We cover a mastering chain, loudness normalization (LUFS), and the mastering process.
- Where to buy high-quality sounds and structure yourself.
- How digital audio works.
🔥 What You’ll Learn
- What it takes to become a music producer (mindset, goals, motives)
- How to prepare yourself as a producer before you launch your brand
- How to use FL Studio like a Pro
- How Music Production Works
- Music Theory + Piano (from a Beatmaker’s perspective.)
- Programming Amazing Drum Loops with Safe Spots™
- Arranging a Song with Audio Painting™ and Communicating with your Listener
- How to Program Notes with the Piano Roll (Notes, Chords, Scales)
- How to Build a Song in the Playlist, Organize by Label/Color-Code Sounds, and Keyboard Shortcuts for Workflow
- Routing Audio Around the Mixer with Complexity (Subgroups, Sends, Effects, What to Listen For.)
- Mastering Your Music to Compete with Your Favorite Songs and Competition!
(Balance, Loudness Normalization (LUFS), and Process.)
- Where to Buy High-Quality Sounds, Organize Yourself, and Set Up FL Studio
- How Digital Audio Works in Regards to Audio Quality and Phase Cancellation
We will cover everything you need to know in this course to get up and running with FL Studio.
(It may be best if you spend a couple days with FL Studio before taking this course, as this course will reveal a lot of your questions and common misconceptions with music production.)
🔥 Who This Course Is For
- Brand-new music producers wanting to learn how to produce music with FL Studio
- Intermediate Producers wanting confirmation if what they are doing inside of FL Studio is correct
- Beatmakers wanting to learn best practices in regards to workflow and keyboard shortcuts to speed you up.
🔥 This Course Includes
- 8 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
⚡️Meet your Innovator,
Riley Weller (GratuiTous)
Riley Weller (GratuiTous) has been teaching FL Studio since 2011! He is a Recognized FL Studio Trainer with over 10 years teaching beatmaking! He loves learning all aspects of music production from beatmaking, to arrangement, mixing, mastering, and sound design. You can find MANY of his courses here on his MIX INNOVATOR profile to become a well-rounded music producer.
- Lectures 25
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 Hours
- Skill level Beginner, Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes
What It Takes to Become a Music Producer
How Music Production Works
Programming Drum Loops (Safe Spots)
Music Theory Piano Chords
How a Mixer Works
What is Mastering
Purchasing the Right Sounds
How Digital Audio Works